A leading not-for-profit member’s organisation, SPRA (Scottish Police Recreation Association) is looking to appoint an enthusiastic Marketing Manager to oversee the SPRA Marketing Department during a minimum period of 12 months (maternity cover). The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for creating and implementing the organisation’s marketing initiatives and overseeing the activity of the department, providing guidance and support to the Marketing Officer, Marketing Assistant and Membership Benefit Officers.
Job title: Temporary Marketing Manager (Maternity Cover – min. 12 months)
- Analysis of membership needs, current market conditions and competitors
- Development, implementation and evaluation of the marketing strategy
- Monitor the marketing communications and develop new opportunities
- Monitor, review and report on marketing activity and results to CEO, Finance Board and Executive Committee.
- Attend the bi-annual Police Club Forum (other UK force associations) meetings as a representative of SPRA
- Analyse and report on key performance indicators e.g. membership, lottery participation, website traffic, etc.
- Responsible for corporate branding and managing the brand profile
- To oversee and coordinate the delivery of a range of Association events
- To lead, support and to provide guidance to the Marketing team
- Conduct market research into current trends and determine requirements of membership of existing and future products
- Create and carry out marketing presentations to various stakeholders including new recruit intakes
- Liaise with external organisations, suppliers, members and colleagues
- Manage the production of marketing materials and promotional products as well as their effective distribution
- Writing and proof reading copy
- To increase membership levels through acquisition and retention of current membership
- To increase lottery participation of existing and new members
- Managing the corporate membership portfolio across Scotland (sourcing, negotiation, implementing, communicating and reviewing)
- Oversee and coordinating membership benefits across Scotland
- Management of website troubleshooting and liaison with web developers
- Ensuring website content management standards are consistent
- Manage the marketing and events budgets
- Support staff dealing with membership enquiries (e.g. discounts, lottery, website, membership retention)
- Ensuring brand guidelines are met for team kit enquiries as well as enquiry management with Finance team and CEO.
a) Responsible to: CEO
b) Responsible for: Marketing Team
c) Liaison with: Members, non-members, SPRA employees, external organisations and suppliers
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Essential knowledge and skills required for this position are:
- Experience of working in a marketing management role for at least 1 year
- Educated to degree level in a marketing related discipline
- Knowledge of digital communication and social media
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Execellent written and verbal communications skills including copy writing for content creation
- Experience of using Content Management Systems
- Experience of managing social media accounts
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team but also be confident to work as an individual
- Can demonstrate using initiative and working pro-actively
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work to specified timescales and within set budgets
- Negotiating skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Be an enthusiastic and engaging individual who will bring fresh ideas to the department
- Be flexible and willing to adapt to a varied range of marketing tasks
- Be a strong communicator and commercially astute
- Strong IT skills with excellent computer literacy skills and will be a competent user of Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- A clean driving license
Desirable knowledge and skills required for this position are:
- Experience in using design software packages such as InDesign or Photoshop
- Experience of creating video content and related software
Your hours of work will be 35 hours Monday - Thursday 0830 - 1630 (50mins lunch break) and Friday 0830 – 1530 (40mins lunch break). However you will be required to work occasionally out with these hours during key events throughout the year. You will be based at the SPRA West Office, Baird St, Glasgow. Salary will be £34,000 annually. You will be entitled to 24 days holiday and 12 set public holidays in the year. Other benefits are included which will be explained on appointment of the role.
Please note the appointment is conditional on satisfactory completion of vetting and background checks, with ongoing employment subject to and conditional on maintaining that clearance.
To apply please email your completed application form to Nicola.Barrington@sprapol.co.uk by 12noon, Fri 1st March 2019. CVs will not be accepted. Interviews will be on 14th & 15th March at a location in Glasgow (tbc).
Download an application form here