Operations Manager (1 Post)
SPRA Head Office, 6 Baird Street, Glasgow G4 0EZ
Closing Date: Midnight - Friday 29th September 2017
Ref No: SPRA1
SPRA are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, experienced and capable Operations Manager.
Working from our Head Office at Baird Street Police Office, Glasgow, you’ll be joining one of the largest Police Sports and Recreation Associations in the United Kingdom. You will play a key role in the effective operation of the Association, helping it grow as it continues to invest in the wellbeing of its members.
Holding specific responsibilities commensurate with the role, you will be a confident and experienced individual acting as the Association lead on all Human Resource functions; Training and development; Health & Safety; Information Security & Data Protection; and Operational Events, as well as acting as direct line manager for various staff.
Added to that, you’ll have project management experience and able to co-ordinate a major change and investment projects, including our Sports Pavillion at Lochinch, having day to day responsibility for operations and staff on site as well as improving use of the facility and the value it brings to the organisation.
A confident and polished communicator, you will be able to represent the interests of the Association and its membership at a wide range of meetings and our discussions with partners and suppliers. You will be happy to travel across the UK as required. Presenting and/or reporting to various audiences, including our own Boards and Committees, won’t faze you and you’ll have no difficulty complying with and contributing value to our existing approaches and practices.
Ideally, given the responsibility you will carry, you will be educated to degree level. We will however consider at least SQA Higher level (or equivalent). In any event you must plus possess relevant and extensive operational experience of working in a complex and/or member-centric organisation which carries a national remit. A current driving licence is essential.
Supporting our Chief Executive, this post will support significant organisational change in terms of processes and technology within the Association. You will be expected to manage a varied and often time-critical workload in an efficient and effective manner whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy.
You will also be required to be flexible and able to respond and contribute to an evolving technical environment, maintaining and shaping service delivery throughout.
Successful candidates will require to undergo vetting, with appointment subject to satisfactory completion of same.
The following essential competencies may be used for the selection process:
- Service Delivery
- Effective Communication
- Personal Effectiveness
- Team Working
- Job Knowledge
- Problem Solving
Interviews may include a presentation element.
Please refer to the relevant competencies when completing your application form/personal profile.
A full driving license is required.
Please note that the Scottish Police Recreation Association is an unincorporated association which employs individuals in its own right.
SPRA subscribes to the principles set out by HM Government in respect of adopting recruitment behaviours which reflect a ‘Disability Confident’ approach.
Applicants should be aware that any offer of appointment is subject to the findings of vetting &/or background checks where appropriate and that they may require to submit to Disclosure checks.
The Association will take up offers of references. Misleading statements
Any applicant/ candidate found to have made misleading or false statements as part of their application, or during interview, may be disqualified from further consideration and/or dismissed within their probationary period.
For full details regarding this vacancy, please download the Job Description.
Download an application form by clicking here. CV’s will not be considered.
To apply please email your completed application form to Nicola.Barrington@sprapol.co.uk by Friday 29th September.
Marketing Officer (12 months)
We are looking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Marketing Officer to work within the Marketing Department during a period of organisational change. The main purpose of the role is to assist the Marketing Manager in all marketing activities, however with particular focus on a recruitment drive of Retired Officers and Affiliates over the next 12 months as well as increasing our benefits offering within the West region. This will also involve increasing & retaining membership and lottery sign up throughout the country, building on brand awareness and improving benefit recognition through effective marketing communications. The role will also involve planning, design, and implementation of all marketing communications at a local and national level and to deliver creative, engaging, and effective marketing campaigns through various marketing channels both online and offline.
Job title: Marketing Officer Fixed Term (12 months)
- To support the organisation in its recruitment drive of Retired Officers and Affiliates over the next 12 months.
- To generate, enhance and maintain benefits (including discounts) for SPRA members across the country with a particular forcus on the West region contacting local and national companies
- Responsibility for organising regional events in the West region
- Support the design and content creation used for communication campaigns including but not limited to web, social media, enewsletters, print and internal media.
- Monitoring and evaluation of communication campaigns
- Support the acquisition and retention of members through various activities including roadshows and presentations to new recruits and staff as well as potential new members
- Support the organisation of national events including the SPRA Family Day and Recogition Awards
- Negotiate corporate deals with external companies including leisure facilties, visitor attractions and golf clubs as well as other types of organisations
- To be a point of contact for marketing enquiries
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Marketing administration requirements to ensure effective operation of the team.
a) Responsible to: Marketing Manager
b) Responsible for: n/a
c) Liaison with: Members, non-members, SPRA employees, external organisations
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Essential knowledge and skills required for this position are:
- Experience of working as a Marketing Officer for at least 1 year
- Educated to degree level in a marketing related discipline or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of digital communication and social media
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication including copy writing for content creation
- Experience of using social media accounts and/or platforms.
- Ability to work as part of a team but also be confident to work as an individual
- Can demonstrate using initiative and working pro-actively
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work to specified timescales and within set budgets
- Negotiating skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Be an enthusiastic and engaging individual who will bring fresh ideas to the department
- Be flexible and willing to adapt to a varied range of marketing tasks
- Be a strong communicator and commercially astute
- Strong IT skills and have excellent computer literacy skills and will be a competent user of Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- A clean driving license
Desirable knowledge and skills required for this position are:
- Experience in using design software packages
- Experience of using Content Management Systems
- Experience of managing social media accounts
- Experience in event management planning
Your hours of work will be 35 hours Monday - Thursday (0845 - 1645) and Friday (0845 – 1555), however you may be required to work occasionally out with these hours during key events throughout the year. You will be based at the SPRA West Office, Baird St, Glasgow. Salary will be £23162.00 annually.
Download an application form by clicking here.
To apply please email your completed application form to Nicola.Barrington@sprapol.co.uk by Thu 21st Sep 2017.
Interviews will be on Thu 5th Oct at Lochinch Police Club, Pollok Park, Glasgow.