Membership Benefits Officer (East) (1 Post)
SPRA East Office, 5 Fettes Ave, Edinburgh EH4 1RB
Closing Date: Sunday 28th July
Ref No: SPRA19
A leading not-for-profit member’s organisation, SPRA (Scottish Police Recreation Association) is looking to appoint an enthusiastic Member Benefit Officer. The main purpose of the role is to aid in the continual development of the benefits offered to members.
Job title: Membership Benefits Officer (East)
Main purpose of job:
- To generate, enhance and maintain benefits (including discounts) for SPRA members across the country with a particular focus on the East region, contacting local and national companies.
- Support the acquisition and retention of members through various activities including (but not exclusive to) roadshows and presentations to new recruits and staff as well as potential new members.
- Responsibility for organising regional events in the East region.
- Support the organisation of national events including (but not exclusive to) SPRA Family Day and Sports Awards.
- Negotiate corporate deals with external companies including leisure facilities, visitor attractions and golf clubs as well as other types of organisations.
- To be a point of contact for marketing enquiries where appropriate and provide a high level of customer service.
- To assist in the design and production of online and offline marketing materials under the direction of the Marketing Manager.
- Marketing administration requirements to ensure effective operation of the team.
- Be a conduit of information for the organisation and engagement contact for division committees and section reps.
a) Responsible to: Marketing Manager
b) Responsible for: Member benefits in the East region and contribution to the effective operation of the national marketing team.
c) Liaison with: Members, non-members, staff and corporate partners
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Skills required for this position are:
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work as part of a team but also be confident to work as an individual in a satellite office
- Can demonstrate using initiative and working pro-actively
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work to specified timescales and within set budgets
- Strong IT skills
- Negotiating skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
The ideal candidate would essentially:
- Have experience in a marketing or membership benefits environment
- Have a clear understanding of the structure, organisational culture and expectations of our partner organisations
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Be an enthusiastic and engaging individual who will bring fresh ideas to the Association and Marketing department
- Be flexible and willing to adapt to a varied range of marketing tasks
- Be a strong communicator and commercially astute
- Have excellent computer literacy skills and will be a competent user of Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- A driving license is essential
Your hours of work will be 20 hours Monday – Friday (10am – 2pm), however you may be required to work occasionally out with these hours during key events throughout the year. You will be based at the SPRA East Office, Fettes Ave, Edinburgh. Salary will be £11,053.85 annually.
Please note the appointment is conditional on satisfactory completion of vetting and background checks, with ongoing employment subject to and conditional on maintaining that clearance.
To apply please email your completed application form to Nicola.Barrington@sprapol.co.uk by 12noon, Sunday 28th July 2019. CVs will not be accepted. Interviews will be held the week of 29th July, location TBC.